Monday, June 6, 2011

Frontier Days, Fort Dodge, IA


Wahoo!!! Frontier Days is an annual celebration of Fort Dodge. All kinds of stuff going on here, with music, a Lone Ranger Impersonator (no Tonto) on Silver, Lots of vendors selling everything from fake dreamcatchers to snakeskin belts to skunk hats--kind of like Davy Crockett's coonskin cap but black and white. And this interesting covered wagon with this frontier doggy riding shotgun.

Oh and thay had an old tyme speling bea, too. Alec Pendry and I participated on Saturday, and each of us got a ribbon--he an honorable mention, and I earned a second place finish. I missed 'proselyte', and I missed it badly. It was somewhat uncomfortable standing up and trying to visualize the spelling of a given word, and then vocalizing it correctly. Hadn't done this since 6th grade!!! It was kinda fun, in a weird sort of way.

Now where can I hang this ribbon in the RV?

2 comments: