Thursday, December 3, 2009

A QUIET DAY, SORT OF

Wednesday, 12/2
A quiet day in Rockport...I got everything fully set up and connected, as all we did when we arrived in the rain was plug in and put the slides out. The puddles are getting smaller and the sun is shining. Got a walk in and read the paper.

After this much of the day was consumed with the news from daughter Heather that my brother Tom was moved to a Hospice facility in Ames, IA. Tom has a host of problems, including congestive heart failure, kidney failure, an internal infection, and a broken leg. Lots of time on the phone, and finally got to talk with him and that was good. With the timing I decided not to fly to Iowa.

Ellen made some great Italian Wedding Soup, which I got to roll up mini-meatballs (less than three fourths of an inch in diameter)--there must have been 200 of them. It's a great recipe, and tasted very very good.

I tried Texas Hold'em at the clubhouse which turned out to be an exercise in futility. They play really fast here, and that is not comfortable for me...this is not an excuse, just the facts. It was like 'how many hands can I deal in 5 minutes??' I went out early, not with a bang, but with a whimper.

We did some shopping, picked up some prescriptions, and took a look at the gulf. I did have very nice phone conversations with my daughters Heather and Erin.


No comments:

Post a Comment