Thursday, March 4, 2010

A full day

Yesterday was a big workout day, as we walked away the pounds for 2 miles worth (plus the mile and a half round trip from our RV to the activity center...then changed and did water aerobics for some 40 minutes...It is worth it as I am dealing with being diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. I have lost about 12 pounds, and have dropped my blood sugars significantly. (I am also on a diabetes medicine). The blood sugars still need to be lower, but I am working on it. Watching my portions and counting my carbs.

I went to a woodcarving session at an RV Park up the road in Benson, and made some progress on a Santa figure I've been working on. There were a nice bunch of guys, some of which seem professional in their abilities with a bench knife.

Then last night we went to the potluck at our park, met Gary and Lola from Oregon--nice folks--and sat with them at a performance by Johnny Bencomo, an area star I guess. His music was a little to 'old' for us, and a little to slow. He shared a few good anecdotes, but we really appreciated his guitar playing. He had an 18 string guitar. That's a lot of strings, and we had never seen nor heard one before. He sure did get a lot of sound out of it! Sang a couple of funny songs that reminded us of our Fort Dodge friend Mike Zahm.

1 comment: